WPKA was chartered on May 5, 1933 and
incorporated as a non profit
organization on July 12, 1938. The purpose for which our club was formed
was to promote the breeding of and to protect and advance the interests of pure bred dogs and to encourage and hold dog shows, exhibitions and matches under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club of which we are a member.
Our first dog show was held on October 21 & 22, 1938 at the Hunt Armory. There were 757 dogs in attendance. We have held dog shows and obedience trials every year since 1938 with the exceptions of 1943 & 1945.